Finding Music and Confidence with United Tracks
Meet Eva: A 16-year-old girl with a passion for music and a desire to build her social skills.
The Challenge: Eva struggled with social anxiety, making it difficult to talk to people, make friends, and feel confident in her own voice
How United Tracks Helped: Eva joined the United Tracks program, finding a supportive community of young musicians. Through playing the guitar, she learned to:
- Express herself:Eva mastered guitar parts for various songs, culminating in a performance for her peers – a major accomplishment for someone battling social anxiety.
- Connect with others:Eva played alongside other young musicians, building her teamwork skills and forming friendships.
- Embrace learning:Eva earned the Bronze Arts Award and confidently shared her musical knowledge with her peers, leading a learning session and receiving tuition from another group member.
The Impact: Eva’s journey with United Tracks was transformative:
- Increased self-esteem:Eva’s confidence grew as she mastered new skills and found her voice.
- Improved social skills:Eva learned to communicate effectively and interact comfortably with others.
- Musical progress:Eva honed her guitar skills, gaining a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment.
Eva’s Words: “United Tracks helps me get better at playing guitar. It helps me to be more comfortable around other people. I look forward to going because I really enjoy the sessions.”
More from the United Tracks Team: “At the start of the project, Eva wouldn’t have been able to lead an activity with her peers. But by the end, she was supporting others and even receiving tuition from a group member.”
Outcome Score: Eva’s goals, focusing on musical ability, teamwork, social skills, and overall wellbeing, saw a significant improvement from an average of 3 at the beginning to 7 at the end of the program.
This is just one story of how United Tracks empowers young people to find their voices, build connections, and unlock their potential through music.